Friday, February 29, 2008

Another Weekend Gone, Another Snow Storm!


So here it is another Monday already! And the weatherdudes said we will get up to 10 inches of snow between Friday and Saturday. They were right, for once. We got at least 8 inches, it is almost up to my shoulder and I am 11.75 inches at the shoulder! I think Mom is going to cry. She is really sick of snow. And Dad was going to go out to someplace in the east side of our state to do something but he didn't because he had to snow blow. I can't even step off of the back step, because there is so much snow out there already. The sun has been out, why doesn't this snow melt and go away!!!
Hey, I had a bad dream last night. I don't remember what it was about but I woke up scared and panting, and Mom had to pet me for awhile. Then I wasn't scared anymore but I had to go outside to pee (of course it was 2:30, my favorite time). She was mad at that and she locked me in Winston's crate again. You know, I believe I am a political prisoner. I am imprisoned because of my beliefs,and for no other reason. (I believe it's ok for me to go out at 2:30 in the morning.). I watched a news show about some guy named Putin in Russia. He doesn't like anyone who doesn't like him, and if they say bad things about him he has them locked up in a mental hospital. One man was on the TV....he was a journalist who said some bad things about Putin and he had been locked up for two and a half years, and every day he got injected with anti-psychotic medication. Now he is out but he shakes all the time and can't think straight, and his words sound all funny. Maybe I was dreaming about being locked up and injected!!! Someday I might call the MSPCA and see if they can really put me in a crate just because I like to go out in the middle of the night. Then again, Mom said that if I did call and the MSPCA wanted to take me, they might put me in a cage until they found me a new home. And there would be no guarantee that my new home would be nicer to me. They are pretty nice here. I mean, I get to sleep on the bed and I am Dad's favorite and all. Mom says I am just being rebellious. I think I will wait to see what happens on my birthday. If they forget, I walk!!! Ha ha, I talk big but I really wouldn't go anywhere. I have a great life here, just don't tell them I think that way, okay?

Did you see the soap picture I posted? I helped Mom to make that soap over the weekend. She wanted something really spring-y so I suggested that she try these colors called 'peacock colors' instead of her usual oxides and clays. She scented it with White Peach. It sure does look like spring! Sometimes you just have to try different things, right? She just started to cut and hasn't finished or cleaned up the soap bar yet, but she had to do some other stuff so she will finish later. She made some Patchouli also, it was really soft when she checked it and still is...she tried to cut it and said it's like butter! I wouldn't know, because ever since I've lived here we've eaten Smart Balance. So I guess I would say, it's soft like Smart Balance!

So now it is March. March means that Spring will be here soon. I guess the Daylight Savings thing happens next weekend. In the Spring they turn their time clocks back one hour. This means that there is more daylight when they are awake. It also means that we get to eat breakfast a little earlier, that's how I look at it! And March is very windy as the earth changes position. Mom was reading an article about wind-farming yesterday. Wind-farming is what they do to make electricity so they don't have to depend on oil. On Cape Cod, (that's a place in Massachusetts that sticks out into the ocean and a lot of people go there to see the ocean and stuff, I don't know if they see Cod), anyway on Cape Cod they have been trying to do wind-farming projects for 8 years now. All the rich people don't want it because they said it will spoil the view. I heard Mom say that if they don't do it soon, they won't have a view because of all the pollution. Cape Cod has some of the worst air pollution in the whole NorthEast! More kids have asthma on Cape Cod than should, and the only reason is the air pollution. Anyway, if we used more wind and solar (that's 'sun power') we wouldn't be dependent on all the oil that we have to buy from other countries that own it. Plus eventually we will run out of the oil. Oil is made from the dead bodies of dinosaurs and other animals that lived a long time ago. There were only just so many of them! (and diamonds are made from the dead bodies of plants and trees!!) And we get gas as a by-product of the oil, too. Not THAT kind of gas, the kind we use to heat and cook and stuff. (Bear perked up when I said 'gas', he gets real bad gas, ha ha!!--and he's a renewable resource!!!!) But the sun and wind are pretty much free, no one owns them, they would just be able to own the equipment to convert them into electricity. Dad says there are too many rich people in this country whose whole empires are built on oil and they have too much influence over our energy policies. They just want things to stay the way they are so they can keep making money. All I know is, my dogfood has gotten expensive because it costs so much to pay for the electricity to make it, the energy to transport the ingredients and the energy to transport it to the dogfood store. I imagine it's the same with people food. I would hunt for my own food but Mom doesn't want me to, she said I would get worms. So I don't. I let her feed me because it makes her feel better. Speaking of which, perhaps I will go see what is taking so long as she is supposed to be prepping our breakfast right now. Catch you later! Love, Me.

No comments: