Friday, March 7, 2008

It's my birthday!!




Hey everybody! Today's my birthday! I'm seven years old. That's 49 human years!! Do you think I look old? The first picture is me today and the second picture is me from when I was about 3 years old. I think I look pretty good for my age...you can't see any gray hairs or anything. My brother Bailey, on the other hand, has got a lot of white hair on his face and he's only one year older than me (he says he's going blond but I think it's white). And my brother Bear is nine and his face is really white. Whenever people see us together they always think Bear is older than Winston, but Winston is 10! Anyway, back to ME. I got some cool presents for my birthday. Maybe tomorrow I will post a picture of them. I got a new yellow frisbee, so I can start out the season fresh (but I will still love my Old Yeller, too, whenever I can find it again under all this snow.) And I got some special chicken and banana treats. I know that probably sounds gross but it's a tasty combination and has special stuff in it to make my eyes and coat shine. I'm the only one who likes them in my family. Mom says that's good because they cost six dollars for a little package. So they are only for me on special occasions. She was laughing in the store because they had a bag of chicken treats 'for a peaceful and calming lifestyle' and they had chamomile and lavender in them. I doubt that would help our pack!! And I got an Easter Bunny decorated dog cookie from the dogfood store. I guess I will only get little pieces of it so it will last a few days. Yummy! And of course I got a scrambled egg for breakfast and Dad said that he will take Mom out to dinner for my birthday and they will bring back a doggie bag for me. I guess they can't really take me to dinner with them, so this is the next best thing. And it was sunny most of the day and Mom was home until the middle of the morning so I got to play around outside. I guess it's going to rain all night and all day tomorrow. I don't care too much, as long as I don't have to be in the pouring rain. Maybe it will melt the snow faster.

I don't have anything to report. I didn't really do much thinking yesterday or today, except to wonder what I was getting for my birthday! Mom is letting me play with socks today AND she gave me two coupons for get out of jail free cards, so when I wake her up at 230 am I don't have to go into Winston's crate. Ha Ha, I will figure out when she will be the most tired and I am going to use those coupons. Mom did say though that she is kind of disappointed I didn't want to donate to a shelter. Well, maybe I will but not right now. I will need to do some research first.Maybe I would rather donate my time and work at a shelter. At Mom's job, people can get paid to work one day a month doing community service work. So Mom is probably going to sign up to help at the Northampton Survival Center or the Western Mass Food Bank because she likes those places and says they do good work. She is happy now that in Massachusetts there is a governor (that's the pack leader) who cares about everyone and wants to make people's lives better by getting people to help each other. I'm just happy that Mitt Romney is not our pack leader anymore! Need I say more? We all know how I feel about him. I think HE should have to volunteer his time in a shelter for dogs and cats and clean up their poop and stuff. But that might not be fair to the dogs and cats. Uh, I better stop because it sounds like I am going to rant and Mom said not on my birthday, she wants a quiet day with no hassles. Okay.

Mom is kind of mad at Winston. He has been having a pee-fest around the house. His diapers are always wet and she is doing a lot of laundry. She should have gotten him a dozen more diapers for his birthday!! And me, I am no trouble at all because I am just about perfect. They are so lucky to have me in their lives, I am like a little shining star.

Did I tell you that my Dad's birthday is on March 14? He is going to be 49 too!! Don't tell him but I got him a nice shirt from Eddie Bauer. Well, I picked it out in the catalog and Mom went and got it for me. He will like it. I might get him some greenies or some other kind of treats too. Not sure yet, depends on how much money I can scrounge out of the sofa.

There is some kind of a barkfest going on...not sure what it means but I need to go check it out. Maybe they are singing happy birthday to me? Bye for now.

Love, 7-year-old-me.

No comments: