Friday, February 1, 2008

Another Fur-day (I mean, Friday)


So here it is, Fur-day again! Today is Daddy's last day at work in Boston. Then starting next week he will be working in Springfield! YAY! I don't quite know where Springfield is, but I do know that it is a lot closer than Boston. Daddy seems very happy, too.

You don't want to be outside right now. It's sleeting/freezing raining and cold! Glad I'm inside. Mom is at work, Dad is at work, my brothers are sleeping, and I am surfing the net!
I am also wearing my red bandana today in honor of Go Red for Women Day http://www.goredforwomen.org (women are female people) Dogs don't get heart disease but we should still support our owners and stuff. I'm what's called an 'activist'. Even when I am napping I am actively thinking about important things. Did you know that more women die from heart attacks than men? That's because women have different symptoms and people (even doctors) don't think women are at as much risk for heart attacks as men are. So when they have a heart attack it is often ignored for too long. That's why everyone needs to take care of themselves and eat right and exercise, like I do!
I'm thinking that Mom needs to snap some more action photos of me...you guys haven't seen me lately. You may not think I look any different, but in a few short weeks I will be SEVEN YEARS OLD. Daddy says that in human years that makes me 49! And no gray fur yet, even though it is a major effort to keep my brothers in line all the time! Yep, my birthday is March 7, in case you want to start thinking about what you are going to get me! Remember, I really like the regular sized Greenies, and I like Butterfingers candy bars too (only Mom says I'm not s'posed to eat them, so she will sometimes just get me the little sample sizes from Coopers Corner.) And doggie cookies are always appreciated! Is it bad to tell you what I want for my birthday? I'm just trying to be helpful. I'm not trying to be a pig or anything.
Mom is going to make more soap this weekend. Her friend bought almost all of her Lemon Sugar Shea Butter soap. I wish I had a picture to post of it, it looks like lemon meringue pie, light yellow on the bottom and white frosting on top. If I liked sweet lemons I would enjoy the smell, but I'm more of a patchouli-dog myself. Daddy uses Mom's patchouli hemp soap and he smells fantastic! And she said she wants to try making something called 'bath bombs'. Hmmmm, first of all, I don't care for the word 'bath', and 'bomb' sounds kind of unsuccessful. Why would she want to do that? I will just have to wait and see.
And Saturday night is her brother's surprise birthday party. He's turning 50 years old. In dog years he's only about 7 yrs, 1 month. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but humans tend to have different standards. All I know is, I am not invited. Boo!
Did you remember that the Superbowl is coming up on Sunday? It's the Patriots (my home team) and the Giants. I don't really understand football, but I do know that on Superbowl Sunday there is always some EXCELLENT food in the living room! Yum, I can't wait!! I will update you as to what we have to eat! Must nap now, my paws are starting to get stiff from all this typing!

No comments: