Sunday, February 24, 2008



Hi Everybody, here it is Sunday again. Boy time sure goes by quickly, doesn't it? We got a whole bunch of snow on Friday!, like 8 or 9 inches. The Governor sent Mom home from work! We are all so sick of the snow. When will spring be here????

Here we have a picture of Citrus Splash, a soap that smells very pretty. Mom made it the other day. She just got done with some hemp oil soaps today, but she didn't take any pictures of them, she wants them to stay nice and warm under their blankie until they are done. Nothin' much to report. I'm still doing my best to get Mom up at 2 or 3 a.m. She locked me in Winston's crate after I did that a couple times but I won't give up!! Heh, Heh. I will win this battle! So now she's really tired because she hasn't had enough sleep, and she has to go back to work again tomorrow. She was mad today because everything was going wrong. Well, she shouldn't be mean to me and I will help her. I'm still working on the vegetarian thing. I'm modifying my approach, I think it will be more that I don't eat red meat, I'll still eat chicken and stuff. Gotta work the details out and Mom has to agree, since she feeds me and all. It's because of my carbon responsibilities--it takes a lot of energy to grow food to feed a cow and then transport it to be murdered and cut up and made into meat, and then transport it to a store near us. Or, we could eat vegetables from nearby and save all that energy. Oh, Mom says stop saying 'murder', that's kind of harsh. She says politics has no place in my blog. She's probably right, so I'll shut up now about that stuff. And I won't tell you who I'm going to vote for either. She's kind of grumpy today, perhaps a glass or red wine will help. Or some whipped cream? I like coffee myself. Sometimes, on Sundays, my Dad lets me drink some coffee out of the bottom of his cup. I like the way it tastes. Fair-trade, organic coffee, of course!

So yesterday was Grandma's birthday. (Mom's mom). She turned 77 years old. That's like, over 500 dog years! They had a party for her but I wasn't invited because it was at that dog Maggie's house, and Maggie is old and I am rambunctious. (That's what Dad says). Oh well, I will wish her happy B-day some other time. MY birthday is coming up fast....on March 7 I will be 7 years old. No one ever believes I am that old, because I look and act so young! It's all in how you think, that's what I say!! Ahem, for birthday presents, if you are thinking of getting me any, I like the regular sized Greenies, and all sorts of dog cookies. Whipped cream is good too. No toys, because my brothers just take them and wreck them. Mom says maybe I should consider giving a shelter a gift instead of getting presents myself. She is too goodytwoshoes! She better get me something! I know Dad will, he always brings me presents because I am his numero uno!!!. He is making oven-roasted lamb stew for dinner. It smells really good and I will be getting some of it I'm sure. Yum, can't wait.
Hey, we watched The Brave One with Jodie Foster last night. Well, not with her, I mean, she was the star. It was a very good movie and very thought-provoking. It was directed by Neil Jordan. He's from Ireland. He directed 'In Dreams', a movie that Mom worked on when it was being filmed in our area. She said she did a lot of work with him and the people in the movie. I don't know, it was before I was born, but she has a nice picture of the whole cast and crew, and Neil Jordan signed the picture for her because he had so much trouble sleeping and she helped him with that. Oh well. So big deal. There was a Hollywood dog trainer at that movie too. He was training his dogs, because there was a dog in the movie who had to do stunts in traffic and stuff. The dog trainer told Mom that dogs from shelters make the best movie dog-stars. The dog that was acting in the In Dreams movie was from a shelter. And the trainer had the son of Miles, the Jack Russell dog that starred in that movie The Mask with Jim Carrey. Miles died, but his son looks just like him. He was training Miles to be in another movie. I should be in the movies. I am a prima donna, whatever that is, Mom says. She says I act like a movie star already, ha ha!! I will catch up with you guys tomorrow or the next day. Gotta go think some more.

No comments: