Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oops, I forgot to post anything yesterday!!


...even though I promised. I really needed dinner, I think I had low blood sugar or somethin'. But I missed the whole day instead. That plumber guy was here for a good part of the day. We couldn't use any water until about 4 pm, just in time for Mom to make dinner. Fortunately she had stockpiled some water for all of us (although we could have gone outside, it ws raining hard enough, ha ha!). Speaking of rain, there was so much over the weekend that there is a flood in the yard just outside the door. My feet still get wet up to my ankles unless I walk on top of the snow. Most unpleasant. And Bailey got in BIG trouble yesterday (I am laughing still!!). He hates water even more than I do (he hates baths and you should see him when he falls in the pond!!). He doesn't like rain at all and he had to go out to, well, you know...tinkle. Mom walked away from the door and when she looked out again Bailey had decided that he could just go right up against the back door. MAN, did she yell at him!! And Dad made him go into Winston's crate for a while. Ha, it serves the little suck-up right. He has been trying to steal my Dad from me but I think that put a halt to it! Although last night I heard Dad telling him he is a good boy and he is the second-favorite. Now I think I should watch out that Bailey doesn't try to set me up to get in trouble or something.
So Mom is kind of grumpy because the plumber guy was here for so long yesterday that she couldn't make any soap. And she had a dentist appointment to re-build a piece of her molar that broke last week. She came home going 'owwie' and her face was all puffy. She said it felt like she had been in a boxing ring. The only dental work I've ever had done was a teeth cleaning a couple years ago, and I don't remember it because they used anesthesia on me. My dad calls me buzzard-breath now so I might have to go again and have it done. Clean teeth keep you heart-healthy, did you know that?? Yup. And Mom always complains about this--she says that humans know that good dental care is important, but they must not really care because they don't really like to fund dental care health insurance for kids. And there are very few dentists that will accept the medicaid dental payments. She says why don't we put our money where our mouth is (ha ha mom).
That plumber goy was funny yesterday. Dad thought he was working with a partner in the basement, but no, he was alone! He just talks to himself the whole time (and jokes and laughs and whistles, too!). he told Mom that he went through 2 packs of hacksaw blades to cut through the old cast-iron pipe (it had a leak in one spot but the rest of it is solid as a rock!)Mom kept telling Dad, no I think there's only one person down there. Then a couple hours after he left Mom had to call him back because the new pipe was leaking!!! But now it's all good.

Interesting fact of the day:
Did you know that last year the state of Massachusetts (where I live) collected 438 million dollars in cigarette tax? It all goes into the general revenue fund. That is a lot of dog biscuits! Mom told me that it means that even though cigarette smoking is down in MA, there's plenty of people who still do it. Teenagers are smoking a lot, and that means they could be hooked (customers) for life. Our state is thinking about increasing the cigarette tax to help fund all the health insurance that it is requiring now. Because smoking makes a lot of people sick. Ah, I was just wondering...what will happen if all the no-smoking education works and everyone stops smoking? We won't have all that extra money to use. I don't know, I guess it's ok to tax people for some stuff, even though it's not their fault that they use it (they are addicted), but it seems like we should look for some other money sources, too, ya know? I don't smoke and I never have! Of course I am a dog and we can't really smoke because we don't have thumbs to hold the cigarette with.
By the way, the picture I posted is one I got from Mom. Someone at work sent it to her and said, this could be a real injury prevention issue! :) So Mom wrote a letter back, that said she was investigating the situation and that there would be a multi-pronged approach (get it?). And more, but I won't go there. I just thought it was a cool thing to see. I wonder what happens when they stand up?

No comments: