Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's GROUNDHOG Day!!!!!


Ok I know this isn't the most flattering picture of me...it makes me look fat, doesn't it? Mom is not a very good picture-taker, plus she was kind of mad because that's her sock I am holding. So today is groundhog day. I watched that stupid fat groundhog on TV....according to Phil there will be more winter coming our way! I think he's just making this stuff up as he goes along. I don't like groundhogs much; they are on our Jack Russell 'natural hunting certificate' list as eligible. A natural hunting certificate is when a judge comes along with you in the woods while you hunt for a fox or groundhog or raccoon or something. If you do the right stuff you get a certificate suitable for framing. I guess that means you get to keep whatever you catch, too. Anyway, groundhogs seem kind of snotty and they are rather dangerous if you make them mad. I would need my brothers to help me out with one of them. Mom said that a long time ago she had a dog and it was in the field next to her house, barking like crazy at a groundhog. So Mom took a broom and went out there to show that groundhog who was boss. And guess what? It chased her and her dog all the way home and stood outside her door grunting. It didn't like the broom, I guess. It must have had baby groundhoggets or something. Mom used to throw stones at it when it was in her garden eating the tops off of all of her plants. She hates groundhogs too. Now why would they make a big deal about a stupid fat rat with a bushy tail? Anyway, it'll be winter until it's spring, I think. No worries, we'll get there.
Today Daddy went somewhere and didn't take me. I thought he would, I was looking especially cute and hopeful, but he wouldn't open the gate, in fact Mom came out and carried me back inside. I heard her tell Dad that I was moping around for a long time after he left. What's mope? I was sad and I didn't want her stupid old cookie. I wanted to go for a ride. I heard him say that maybe he'll take me for a ride tomorrow. Hope we go somewhere that has dog cookies!
So Mom and Dad took an online questionaire to see who they should vote for. Mom's came back to Mr. Obama and Dad's came back to that Hillary lady. Dad was freaking. He's a Republican for goodness sake! Mom was just happy that she agreed with Mitt Romney on only one thing in the questionaire, and she said she didn't stick around long enough to read what the one thing was. I was trying to take the test, but I lost interest because it doesn't ask me anything about dogs. She said there was no question that asked, would you vote for a man who is so inconsiderate that he makes his own dog ride on top of a car and when it poops itself because of all the scariness, he hoses it down and keeps driving? Well, would you vote for that man? Don't get me started. The super 'lection thing is on Tuesday (that's 3 days from now) and Mitt keeps calling here leaving messages for Daddy. Mom just hands Dad the phone and says, "Mitt called you again." And then last night some lady called and asked Mom if she and Dad would be voting for John McCain. Mom was very polite, she just said we hadn't all made up our minds yet and we would consider it. Heck, Howdie-Doodie would make a better president than the Mittster.
I was going to tell you about how much money Mobil made in oil profits this year, but my numbers on my keyboard don't go up that high. So, I won't tell you. I'll let you imagine all the dog toys and Greenies and stuff that you could have bought last year if you weren't paying so much for gasoline.
I think the woodstove is going out, Mom should put more wood in it, it's getting chilly in here. I must go bug her until she takes care of that. I will chat with you later.

No comments: