Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's Wednesday already!!


Ha ha do you think this picture is as funny as I think it is?? My Dad sent it to my Mom for me so I wanted to share it with everyone. I hate cats!! Well, I've actually never met a cat in person, but I still hate them. I've heard all sorts of things about them: they smell, they're lazy, they don't follow the rules and they hate dogs. I don't know if these things are true or not. (Mom calls this 'prejudice' but I call it 'dog-lore') When I go to the Vet-Doctor I see cats in the kitty-condos. They seem kind of scared of me. And some seem kind of nice. My brother Bandit likes kittens, he is very gentle with them, but then, he is not a Jack Russell! I sure wouldn't want to have one living in our house though because I'd probably have to share my pillow---NO WAY! When Mom used to do Jack Russell Rescue she had to place some dogs because of cats. One dog ripped the tail right off of a cat and the people said, 'this dog's gotta go now!", so Mom found it a new home, one with NO CATS. Then she got a phone call from a lady who was all upset because while she was gone her son's two Jack Russells killed her cat and when she walked in they were playing tug of war with it! (Bailey calls that "Cat-Capades!") Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but how stupid can people be? We are hunting dogs, after all, and it's in our blood to hunt for animals that are our own size or smaller. We can't help it. You can be home and supervise us and we will be nice to the cat, but if you leave us alone and don't separate us, someday you will come back to a very sad situation. Mom was always trying to explain that to people when she did Rescue. And, there are some jacks that do get along with cats, so people expect that it will happen in their house too. Oh well. That's part of why she stopped doing Rescue, because 'some people never learn', she says.
Mom kind of likes cats but they don't seem to care for her. She had a cat when she was little. Its name was 'Silky' and it used to sleep in the road. I guess we know what happened to that cat, don't we!! Then when she was out of college she got a calico kitten. She liked it, except that it was a big hunting cat and used to drag dead animals into her house through the cat door. A couple times they weren't dead. Once the cat brought in a chipmunk that got away and ran around the house for a long time. Then, one other time the cat dragged in a big starling (that's a bird) and it was flapping around until Mom caught it and put it outside. She said the cat used to look at her and every once in a while would just scratch her face for no good reason. So that cat went to live somewhere else in a barn so it could catch mice and it was very happy. And Mom decided to stick with dogs, because we are better!
But I digress. So John McCain beat Mitt in Florida, which is where my brother Daniel is staying for awhile. I'm glad Mitt got beat. Maybe he will get the message. He is trying to say what a great thing he did for Massachusetts by enacting 'health care reform' and making everyone have health insurance. But it is seriously screwed up. There's not enough money to cover all these people that need good health care. There are problems with the kind of health care available. The fines on employers who don't cover their employees are really just symbolic (typical, Mitt will protect his business-buddies). Mitt's gone and now we have to fix all this stuff. And he can brag about making change without having to troubleshoot the problems. I'm not a very political dog, but I have a great nose, and something about Mitt stinks! (not the good, roll-in-it stink, but a creepy stink!).
And John Edwards is dropping out of the race for president. That's too bad. He seemed like a nice guy. Mom didn't like everything about him, but he seemed reasonable to her. And she says that Elizabeth Edwards rocks. Mom wishes he would have been able to stay in it for delegates, maybe he could have been the vice president candidate. Oh well. Who knows what will happen.
I don't mean to be rude right now, but it is very windy and rainy and that is perfect nap weather, so I'm headed to the pillow to catch some ZZZZ's before everyone comes home! I will get back to you later.

No comments: