Sunday, June 1, 2008

Its JUNE--did you take your heartworm medicine yet?






Just kidding...I'm sure you did already. Mom gave us ours this morning. Once a long time ago a neighbor dog got heartworm disease and he had to live in the cellar all summer. What? Oh, sorry. Mom says he just stayed in the cellar during the day so he could rest because it makes you so sick. Some dogs actually have to visit the youth in asia. After she saw that poor dog she has always made sure to get us our heartworm pills. Heartworm comes from mosquitos. Well, that's what the vet says, but I'm not sure. How could a worm live inside a mosquito? And don't give me that biology/evolution stuff, everybody knows that the Big Dog made everything in 6 days.(boy, what was he thinking when he made porcupines????) You don't really want to have a philosophical discussion with me, I've got a lot of pillow time (thinking time) under my belt!

And you know what? Mom was reading a report on some dumb website that belongs the the government that was talking about a new kind of mosquito called an Asian Tiger. It is showing up here and there in New England. It carries some nasty disease. Just another thing for us to worry about. Thank you Asia.

Do you like these pictures? Finally some of our flowers are blooming. Of course you can't see all the weeds in this picture. Ha ha. I watched Mom pull a whole bunch of weeds today. The sad thing is, Mom knows the names of all the weeds!! Now THAT is useless information. I pointed out some weeds she had missed. Boy did that make her grumpy. I was just tryin' to help. And, I wish I had thumbs so I could have taken a picture of her fighting with the big rose bushes. She was mad because some of the branches were so big and heavy they were lying across her peonies that are trying to bloom. Sarah Bernhardt was pissed. Oh, sorry, Mom says no using words like that. Sarah was pee-ooo'd. That's the name of one, no two, no three of the peonies. It's a very old variety named after some famous old actress. They are a very pretty pale pink with ginormous double petals. Usually as soon as they start opening that's the signal for us to get massive thunderstorms that scare me and Winston and knock all the blossoms off. So I'm expecting a big storm later this week, which is about when they will open. Anyway, I think the rose bushes won the fight. They are called William Baffin and they are really Dad's roses. He got them for his birthday about 10 years ago. They are climbing roses and they are about 10 feet tall but are not on a trellis, they are just big bushes. Mom says they are like super duper roses because they always bloom in June even when she forgets to feed them. And pretty much nothing bothers them. They are not like those roses that have to have babysitters. They are tough! In fact, she had to bring a tree saw out there and saw off the extra branches. And she got all scratched up and the branches were so big that when she dragged them back into the yard to get rid of, she wrecked some of her other flowers. She could have just played some Frisbee with me and New Yeller, but oh no, she had to do stupid stuff.

I told her to take a picture of our fish but she doesn't see them anymore. She put 4 fish into the pond a month ago and found one that had died. Otherwise she figured the giant frog ate them, which is why Bailey killed him, 'cause Bailey loves watching the fishing channel. (that 's what we call it when he sits at the pond for hours!) So she got 4 more fish and put them in last night. And guess what, a shoe-punkin, wait, what? Oh. Mom says a "shubunkin" which is a kind of goldfish, came racing over to check out the newbies. He was big. And there might have been two of them. So even though she hasn't seen them and they don't eat the food she was throwing in there (I know they weren't eating it because when it floated to the edges Bear and Winston ate it!)--obviously they are eating something! Anyway she saw two of the new ones this morning and now we don't see any. This is a bad time for the pond every year...all the pollen and stuff falls on the top and it's kind of murky. It'll be better later in the summer. And by then the fish will have gotten used to Bailey sitting there watching them. That's when he starts fishing. He sticks his muzzle in and every once in a while he snags some sushi. I'm not a big sushi fan, but Mom and Dad like it. I like my fish cooked. And no guts, please.

Well my Dad is getting ready to go for a run. I am going to go help him stretch and stuff. See you later. Love, Me.

No comments: