Thursday, June 5, 2008



Grilled hot dog, anyone? Ha ha my bro Bailey has found a new favorite spot to lounge. (But only when the grill is not being used!) He gets mad if any of us go near it. Why should I care, it seems uncomfortable to me! When I'm outside I'd rather sit in a patio chair anyway.

Guess what we saw yesterday at 6 in the morning? A giant great blue heron came into our yard!! Yup! Dad saw him land...he said the GBH looked just like a helicopter, it came straight down and landed right in front of the fish pond. It hung around for about 10 minutes...it looked in the pond, then it hopped in and paddled around. It was looking for frogs and fish I guess. Hey, maybe that's why our fish hide at the bottom!! Then it hopped out, had a couple sips of water, walked around for a while and left. Mom looked them up on the internet and they can live 15 years. AND, they eat frogs, fish, water bugs, voles, mice, snakes, baby turtles, lizards,,,pretty much anything they can swallow. We're thinking that he's been here before, he seemed pretty comfortable. And Bandit knew he was there and didn't care. But Bandit won't tell me if the GBH drops by regularly. A couple years ago Mom came up from the cellar and saw a GBH standing on one leg in the shallow part of the pond, but he flew away when she made noise. Maybe it wa the same one! We aren't usually looking out the window at 6 am, Mom is either on her way to Boston already or doing other stuff in the house. Me, I only look out the living room window. She wanted to get a picture of him yesterday but she was afraid if she made noise he would leave. Maybe the GBH what happened to the baby snapping turtle that was living in the pond last year. Good thing I am a substantial size so he can't carry me away. I knew there was a reason I liked food!!!

Boy did it rain yesterday. It was a good day for sleeping. I guess it is good for the garden when it rains. I don't know because I haven't been able to squeeze in there to make sure the plants are all doing okay. Mom was mad because something ate the baby melon plants. Perhaps it is time for a new hole under the fence. I'll get Bear to work on that. You know, so we can guard it and all. AND, we can let mom know when the tomatoes are ripe.

It's going to be really hot this weekend, like 90 degrees. Man, I wish I didn't have to wear my fur coat. But I"m pretty sure Mom and Dad are going to let me play with the hose sprayer for a while, they usually do that when it gets hot. I can't wait!! I've been trying to play with it whenever Mom waters the flowers, but she is a poop and won't let me get wet. I have been playing with the pens on the kitchen table and teaching myself to write just like Mom and Dad. That way I can write notes to Aunt Lisa and she will think my Mom and Dad wrote them. I could write notes like, 'do not give anyone cookies except me, I mean Casey, because she has been very good.' Or, 'please spray me Casey until I she is very drenched and then let her go in the house and lay on my her Dad's pillow.' I am still working on sounding natural. So I might have some work to do still. Eventually I could write a check to myself and my only problem would be cashing it because I don't have any identification except my dog license and that is not a photo i.d. But if I could get some cash I could go on a little trip or go shopping for greenies or something like that. And the other dogs would sniff me when I came back and would be incredibly jealous.

I've been teaching myself to write properly by looking on line. I am learning about improper use of apostrophes and when not to use quotation marks
English sure is complicated but I am pretty good at it considering it is my second language.

I think Mom is prepping breakfast, "yummy" for the "tummy"! (ha ha just a joke, there, with the quotation marks!). Bye, Love, Me ("Casey")

No comments: