Sunday, January 27, 2008



Well, I am in the doghouse with Mommy, so I decided I would post a picture of what she did yesterday to try to get back on her good side. (if there is one!). What you are looking at is a tray of soap, 'salt bars' to be specific, scented with a really pretty oceany smell called Mediterranean Sea-Salt. A salt bar is made with at least 50% sea salt, coconut oil and a little sunflower oil. It's a very neat, long-lasting bar of soap and she says it's sort of like taking a shower in the ocean. I wouldn't know, I hate baths, as we all know by now. Never took a shower, either. But, it's pretty. It will be ready to use in about 3 weeks.

So what did I do that was so bad? Well I'm not sure what her problem is. I asked politely to go with her this morning to get the Sunday paper and some coffee beans and she said ok. I left the gate and went right to the car and got in like I'm s'posed to. I sat in my seat on the way to the store. I must have misunderstood her when we got there because she yelled at me when I jumped out of the car. Something about I'm supposed to wait and I could get hit by a car. BUT, there was a huge black dog nearby and I had to protect her. I started to run towards him and Mom yelled at me, and then the dog looked at me and I realized how tall he was (he looked shorter from the car), so I just barked at him and jumped back in the car. The man that was walking him thought that was funny. Mom said something to him about me and they both laughed. I hope she wasn't making a joke about me just because I was being cautious. And I didn't even eat my cookie til Mom came out of the store. She was still kind of mad and she carried me to the gate when we got home because she said I might 'take off' and run into the road." Hey I'm not stupid, I'm just little.

So Mr. Obama won something in South Carolina yesterday. I saw it on the news. I don't get what all the fuss is about. I'm mostly worried about Mitt Romney becoming president. We all know how I feel about him. And I can't say it too often...you get a really good idea of how someone is going to treat you by how they treat their dog. Boo, Mitt. Hey, does Mr. Obama have a dog? I don't think so. That's kind of worrisome. I know the Hillary lady and her husband have a dog. I don't think they spend much time with him though. And I don't know about the other person Mom talks about...John? somebody. He seems nice though.

Mom has been complaining about the taxes this weekend. She has been working on them and she is pretty grumpy. Her part-time job at the Sleep Lab is actually causing some kind of problem on the taxes. Oh well, she had to stop working there when she started working in Boston. I hope it doesn't mean I get shorted on Greenies, though. I loves ma Greenies!!!

One more week til Daddy starts his new job. I can't wait. He'll be home sooner because he won't have to spend 20 hours a week just driving back and forth to work. More time to play with MEEE! He actually doesn't drive all the time. He and Mom are in a 'van pool' where they share the driving with other people. My Mom is big into saving the environment. She hates plastic bags too. Me, I don't mind them so much because they are fun to tear apart. She is into recycling and is always pulling things out of the trash that Dad throws away. So the deal is, SHE takes it to the recycling center. Paper, cans and bottles. And always use cloth bags at the stores. Did you know that in our area there are stores that have cloth bag co-ops? Yup, they get people to make bags out of donated fabric, and then they put them in a big box in the store. You can take a bag to carry your groceries and stuff home, then you bring it back next time! It is a great idea. It saves money for the shopowners, and saves all that plastic from the landfill. It sounds like plastic could last til the end of the universe. Did you know that even China, the place where they eat DOGS with RICE sometimes, has banned plastic bags??!! What are we doing about it here? Not much as far as I can tell. We need to get on the stick and persuade people to use cloth bags for everything. And, here's a bonus: cloth bags make it easier to carry even more dogfood than usual! So you can get your dog more treats at once!! Isn't the world a great place!!! Speaking of treats, it's time for my Greenie. I love having great breath. See you later.

No comments: