Tuesday, January 22, 2008






Hey you guys, it's 2008 already! This is my theme for the new year. Daddy sent it to me (well, he sent it to mommy for me) because he says that some of his co-workers seem to think they are special, but..........ha ha, they are really just bumps on a log. Some of my brothers think they are special too. Ha! Daddy's getting a new job soon and he will be closer to home so he and I can snuggle more in the morning! Yay!


So did everyone have a nice holiday? I like the holidays because Mom and Dad are home and play with us all the time. I've been having great fun playing 'tag' with Mom. I see her coming and I steal something of hers, like her undies or socks, or sometimes an earring if I can get it. Then I flaunt it in front of her and just dare her to get it from me. MOST of the time I win! (that means I end up getting a cookie to bribe me to let it go.) (but sometimes Dad yells at me and says, "Casey, give it to me." I must obey Dadddy, so I lose out. But that doesn't happen very often, hee hee!). Yesterday was Dr. Martin Luther King day. We didn't go anywhere to celebrate it because it was so cold out. (it was, like, maybe zero with the wind chill, and that's too cold for us to be outside!). But I watched some stuff on TV about it. Then I watched Animal Cops Houston. And, have you been following the 'lections? That stupid Mitt Romney still thinks he can be president. Mom says he's got a lot of teflon on him. She calls him the spin-doctor. She says if he is elected president, he will probably never be at work! That's because he spent more days outside of Massachusetts when he was governer than in Massachusetts working for us, the people that elected him. Loser, Loser, Loser. I will never forgive him for the dog thingie. Read one of my summer blogs to see what I have to say about that!! Also, I keep hearing a lot of dogs and cats talking about how they don't want a black man or a woman for president. Well, I don't even want a person for president, they have really screwed things up! How about a dog for a change, or here's an idea, how about the BEST PERSON for the job, regardless of if he or she is human or not?


I have been going exploring lately. Mom gets mad, she says I'm 'bolting the gate' whatever that means. I just wait til she puts her coat on and then I run out the door with her and go to the gate and squeeze through it. I pretend I can't hear her when she tells me to wait. Then I go to the car and hop in and she takes me for a ride somewhere! So far I've been to the bank (got a cookie from the drive-thru teller), Spoleto Express (got a cookie from the drive-thru person), Coopers Corner, (got little treats from Mom for being good), and to grandma's house on Christmas (got prime-rib off of Dad's plate). It isn't like I haven't traveled you know, I go to the vet and all. It's just that I used to get kind of car sick but now I don't. Plus I see dogs out walking with their owners and I can bark at them all I want while we speed by!!


I am so worried about the world right now. Mom says we might have a recession, and that would mean fewer cookies and toys for us. I am so glad that we heat mostly with the woodstove so that we don't have to pay the huge heating bills that other people have to pay. And Mom and Dad have pretty good jobs that probably won't go away if things get bad. Mom doesn't want us dogs to worry about stuff, but I can't help it. I live in a nice house with a nice yard and I feel safe. My pillow is nice and soft and I always have breakfast and dinner. We have trees and birds and flowers, but the climate in general is getting dirty. Have you seen the world clock yet? http://http://www.peterrussell.com/Odds/WorldClock.php It keeps track of lots of stuff, like how many people are dying, how many trees are being cut, and so on. I don't see anything about homeless dogs or dogs used in pit-fighting or experiments. Don't forget that stuff happens too. People are animals, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way.


Great chatting with you. I need to get back to some serious napping before aunt Lisa comes to let us all out today. Mom and Dad are working in Boston all day. That means auntie Lisa checks up on us in the middle of the day. She's cool, but I'm not showing her my money trick yet (that's where I turn in cash for cookies. If she wants to see that she'll have to give me the cashola first! My personal stash of coins is just about gone. See ya.


No comments: