Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Here's a look at my birthday gifts!!



Hey, here it is Wednesday already and I forgot to show you guys my birthday presents! See my new yellow frisbee? I took it out of the package but I am saving it for sometime later. I already told my brothers, no teeth marks in it that aren't mine! And we have eaten a lot of the treats in the bag (I was my usual generous self and Bandit and Winston seem to like them too!) And we've all nibbled on the bunny cookie a little bit. Course Bandit would rather nibble on a real bunny. He used to catch a bunny every year in the garden. Bandit's pretty fast for an old guy. He'd lay out there and pretend to be dead, and the bunnies would sneak in under the stockade fence and nibble on Mom's lettuce and stuff. And Bandit would just wait,and every day he'd lay a little closer to the garden, until one day, he'd wait til they were busy stuffing their little cheeks, and POW! he'd snag one and drag it around the yard. Then usually Bailey would steal it from him, and Mom would have to come out and break it up before someone got hurt. Sometimes Bandit catches skunks too, he doesn't even care if they spray him, he just bashes their heads in. NEVER cross that guy--he's my big bro. But now there's a picket fence around the garden, and Bandit can't get in there to snag any bunnies. I knew he was jonesing for a bunny, so I gave him a big piece of the ears off my bunny cookie. How sweet am I, huh?

Not much to report here. Mom and Dad were teaching a class on Saturday and Sunday, so they pretty much didn't have any time with us. I got Mom back by keeping her up almost all night last night, just bugging her and stuff. She was real tired today. She did get back at me by locking me out of the bedroom for the day. I had to nap in the living room with my brothers. That's no fun.

Mom made some soap on Monday night. Lemon Sugar (again, because some lady bought a whole bunch of it.) You already know what it looks like so I won't put a picture up. You'd rather see my presents anyway. And she made a lavender-bergamot-cedarwood combination out of the mango butter soap. It smells kinda good. Sorta Lavender-Woodsy. Bergamot is that stuff in Earl Gray Tea that makes it taste Earl Gray-ie. Mom really loves Earl Gray with a bit of lemon in it. Me, I pretty much drink water. Sometimes I have a few licks of Dad's coffee on Sunday mornings. It's yummy, but he says I shouldn't have caffeine. Mom likes drinking seltzer water and she offers it to me but I don't like the bubbles. Today Mom is drinking some green tea. It's called Green Caramel or something like that. The Tea Guys make it. Until recently they were right here in Florence, where we live, but they had to move to bigger space. They make all kinds of neat tea and ship it everywhere!

Right now Mom is making lamb chops in the oven. She took an egg and some worcestershire sauce and some red wine and used that to dip them in, then she put bread crumbs on them and stuck them in the oven. And she's making carrots and broccoli to go with them. They sure smell good. Maybe there will be a piece for me. I doubt she will do anything else tonight because she is real tired from me keeping her up all night. And she is working in Boston again tomorrow. That means she gets up at 430 in the morning. Which she tried to explain to me, feels like 330 because of that daylight savings thing. I don't care as long as I get breakfast before she goes! Then Friday she has to drive far away for a meeting. Friday is my Dad's birthday and she needs to have time to wrap his presents. I got him a nice shirt, I already told you that. And she got him a new coffee maker. And my brothers got him a new CD player for the bedroom because he likes to listen to music and his old one broke. No one got him a frisbee though. Guess he can use mine.

Well, now Winston appears to have peed in his diaper, and Bailey and Bear are arguing over a toilet tube roll. I better go check it out! Catch you guys in a couple days. Love, Me.

No comments: