Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Already!




Good grief where did the time go??? One second it was a hot summer day and now, bingo, it's Turkey Day! Sorry I haven't been on the blog in a while. It doesn't mean nothin's been happening....in fact, just the opposite. There have been MANY CHANGES for me to think about in the last 3 months. First off, Mom got a new job. Now she goes to Boston 3 days a week and works here in town the other two days. But she's home on most weekends and nights, which I really like because then dinner isn't late and there's always good stuff. (hey I love my Dad but all he ever gives us is dog food--Mom puts in the special stuff!).

The only bad part about Mom's new job is that now she and Dad both get up mega early and leave the house at something they call "five thirty Ay-Em". The nice lady Lisa comes in the middle of the day to let us out of the house. I'm training her to throw the frisbee for me. She seems to prefer Winston, that little suck-up, but I think I'm winning her over. (Why does everyone like him? He's nuts and he pees everywhere!)

Lets see, what else has been going on? Well, my brother Daniel is staying in Florida with his mom for a while. He decided college wasn't for him and he was working as a parts delivery person for awhile, but he partied a little too hard once too often, so "it was decided" that he should be banished to the land of old people and talking mice for a while to get him away from those bad influence people. He's got some growing up to do but he will be fine. Meanwhile mom is still trying to get the tobacco smell out of his room. Bleach. She figures that for the time being she can store some of her soap supplies in there.

The garden is all frozen. (We had SNOW yesterday, can you believe it!) I hate snow. My feet get so cold. But Bailey likes it. And the woodstove has been going, so mostly Bailey and I compete to see who gets to lay on the warm hearth behind the stove. When we go outside we look for the mice near the woodpile. Bailey's been catching them like crazy. Me, mostly I like to bark at Mom to make her let me back in as soon as I know she sat down. hee hee!

And Mom and her soap. She is driving me crazy. She made a ton of soap and took a lot of it to a craft fair a few weeks ago. She sold a lot of it. Humans say it really makes their skin feel nice. Personally, "soap" equals "bath" to me, and we all know how I feel about that! She is always talking about essential oils and fragrances and clay and stuff. Good thing she's on a soap forum so she can talk to other crazy soap people, otherwise Dad and I would be completely fed up!

BUT, to be fair, it is pretty (the soap I mean). I'll put a couple pictures up of it next time maybe. I'm going to head back to the pillow for a while. From what I hear, Mom and Dad won't be taking me to Grandma's house to visit for Thanksgiving. So I sure hope they'll bring some leftovers back!

No comments: